WebMD has a great article capturing the health benefits of using a stationary exercise bike, but it also highlights how overwhelming the shopping experience can be. According to WebMD, you should consider the following when purchasing an exercise bike:
- Do you want an upright bike or a recumbent style (the type you pedal from a reclined position)?
- Do you need a small manual bike because you have limited space, or do you have room for a programmable electronic one?
- Should you buy new or used?
- What do you want to spend?
If you’re searching for an exercise bike, Amazon is likely one of the first places you’d start, but a general search would generate over 31,000 results. In this post, we’ve tried to highlight ways to make the online shopping experience a little easier.
For example, to narrow the search results even more, look for the specific Exercise Bikes category under Amazon’s Sports & Outdoors section. You’ll still get 817 results for the term exercise bike, but it will give you a better place to start. To narrow the search results even more for exercise bikes, look to the right sort box and sort by new and best selling.
If you perform your search this way to look for new and bestselling exercise bikes, you can more easily see the top three exercise bike search results on Amazon, which we have highlighted below:
Exerpeutic Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
- Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back
- Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D) with 63-pound weight and 300-pound maximum user weight
- Includes limited three-year manufacturer’s warranty
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Indoor cycling bike with 40-pound flywheel
- Heavy-duty crank and smooth chain drive mechanism
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort
- Adjustable resistance systems; transport wheels
- Supports up to 275 pounds; measures 20 x 46.5 x 48.5 inches (W x H x D)
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; measures 19 x 46 x 33 inches (W x H x D)
You’ll still have a lot of information to read through, but this should make it easier!
When Excy is ready, it will provide all the benefits of an exercise bike, plus so much more (including a phenomenal upper body and core workout). Plus, because Excy is a portable exercise machine, you can use it anywhere. So, make sure to sign up to become an Excy Insider at excy.wpengine.com so you can be one of the first to see Excy in action.